Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pictures!

I am working on a new post with details about the end of Term 2, my trip during our short break, and the beginning of Term 3, but for now enjoy some pictures.




New Garden to begin Spring
One of the many sunset pictures I have been taking.  The dust in the air creates some really nice sunsets
Two of the Himba girls we met in Opuwo over holiday.  It was quite an interesting night out.
The girl on the left is in traditional Himba clothing and the lady on the right is wearing the traditional Herero hat and dress.
Close-up of their hair.  Their whole body is covered in an ochre, butter mixture to protect their shin from the sun, but also for decoration.
Campsite at Epupa Falls
Top of the falls
This is taken from the highest mountain near Epupa.  It was really cool to be in such an arid area and then come across a mass of palm trees near the river.
Epupa Falls
Above the falls, the river widened out and created really cool pools.  We swam every day and, as you can see, it's a popular place.
This is taken just beyond the last photo.
We were invited to Samiya's colleague's mother's house for dinner which was really fun.  Samiya is 3rd from the left and her colleague is in the white shirt in the middle.  The rest are his family.
"Big Tree" near my house
I have been experimenting with my camera.  This is a night shot from my house.  I'm very proud of the stars in the upper left corner.
Choosing prizes after Term 2 for best scores.
Prize winners in 9A.  Thank you to everyone who has sent school supplies.
Part of the new construction at my school.  They are adding grade 12 next year and are getting a 3 classroom block, a library, and a science lab.
Self explanatory.  Lots of animals around town, but I have yet to eat pork.  Hopefully sooner than later.

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Another update! HUZZAH, BRET! I'm so happy that you are enjoying the school, your kids, the programs and traveling. So proud! I check twice a week to see if there is ever an update but I know about the wacky internet situation. I sent something in the post for you last week - send Ben an e-mail or let us know somehow when you get it. Looking forward to seeing you in December!

    Katey

    ReplyDelete